Dyspepsia with Hepato-Biliary Disorders
Properties and actions:
Heparex has choleretic and cholekinetic effects, which stimulate the digestive process and improve fatty dyspepsia. Higher bile secretion increases the yield of bicarbonate in the duodenum that neutralizes excessive acidity, and improves dyspepsia. It also has anti-cholestatic activity that enhances biliary excretion and reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Heparex has an antioxidative effect. Its’ active ingredients (luteolin, cynarin, chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid) protect the liver against toxins and reduce the free radicals' induced hepatocyte killing effect. Its caffeoylquinoic acid acts as a cell membrane stabilizer.
- Dyspepsia, indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome (distension, flatulence, fat indigestion), etc.
- Cholecystitis (especially calcular chole- cystitis, where it helps in stone dissolution)
- Supportive therapy in chronic liver dis- eases (liver cirrhosis, fatty liver, etc.)
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician; 1-2 capsules 3 times/day half an hour before meals.
- Biliary obstruction, allergy to cynara or any of its components.
- None reported within the therapeutic dose.
Each hard gelatin capsule contains:
- Cynara scolymus dried extract 320 mg (equivalent to caffeoylquinoic acid 1.6 mg)
20 capsules in 2 blisters
Precautions / Drug interactions:
- No special precautions or drug interactions known.