For Urolithiasis (And Anti-Inflammatory)
Properties and actions:
Cystinol promotes the excretion of water more than electrolytes by increasing renal blood flow. This aquaretic effect facilitates the washout of bacteria from the urinary tract, prevents crystal formation and hence kidney stones.
Cystinol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandinic acid metabolites and therefore has an anti-inflammatory effect. The flavonoid content of Cystinol also has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and immunomodulatory properties. This anti-inflammatory effect supports urinary tract healing after passage of stones. Cystinol has an analgesic effect because it binds pain receptors. The mild spasmolytic effect of Cystinol relaxes contracted smooth muscles and thus relieves the pain associated with inflammation and stones.
The saponin content of Cystinol provides anti-infective properties through non specific immunostimulation while the ester-saponin exerts an anti-fungal effect against candida albicans and other candida species.
- Prophylaxis and treatment of crystalluria, and recurrent stone formation
- Inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract
- Adjuvant therapy to anti-microbials in urinary tract infection
- Before and after operations and any invasive procedure to the urinary tract
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician; 1 capsule 3-4 times/day (with a lot of fluids)
- The safe use during pregnancy and lactation is not sufficiently well documented
- None reported within the therapeutic dose
Each hard gelatin capsule contains:
- Solidago virgaurea extract 425 mg (Standardized to contain not less than 1.5% total flavonoids calculated as Rutin)
20 capsules in 2 blisters
Precautions / Drug interactions:
- No special precautions or drug interactions known